On July 1, 2014, the Administrative and Resource Management operating unit divided into two complementary workgroups: Campus Planning, Facilities and Safety, and Finance and Resource Management.
In this new configuration, they continue to provide organizational leadership and stewardship of the diverse and complex resources needed to support research, teaching, and the many student and community activities that take place on campus.
Campus Planning, Facilities and Safety
- Plans, builds, renovates and maintains the campus physical infrastructure, applying the highest standards of green and sustainable technology in alignment with the campus academic plan.
- Provides for the health and safety of the campus community and its guests, working to prevent injury, mitigate risk, ensure regulatory compliance and reduce costs.
- Develops and maintains the campus gardens and lands, reinventing the campus as a model of authentic community engagement and sustainable practices.
Finance and Resource Management
- Coordinates and manages the campus budget and statistical reporting and conduct the analyses required for strategy development and goal-setting.
- Accounts for all campus finances and materiel, fostering trust and confidence on the part of campus stakeholders through accurate and timely processing and payment, support for compliance requirements, and detailed reporting on the sources and uses of University funds.
- Manages human resources, promoting consistent and fair employment practices while delivering integrated programs to attract and develop an engaged, professional workforce that is committed to the vitality and success of UC Davis.
Executive recruitments for vice chancellors to lead each unit are in process. (See the Chancellor's Executive Recruitments page.) Interim leadershipbis provided by Karl Mohr (CPFS) and Kelly Ratliff (FRM).